Sibling Characters in Books
So, there’s this book that came out earlier this week and I just finished reading it. It’s all about twin sisters and it really got me thinking about books that deal mainly with sisters or siblings and how there aren’t enough of them out there! What’s this book that I’m talking about?
I loved the concept of The Secrets We Keep and it really got me thinking about how awesome it would be to have a twin. I’ve read a few books about twins and I’ve loved pretty much every single book I’ve read. I just wish that there were more out there! (If there are and I didn’t mention them in this post, please recommend them to me!)
1. Her Fearful Symmentry by Audrey Niffenegger (I haven’t read this one yet. But it’s my friend’s favorite book. She talks about it all the time. Even bought it for me for my birthday one year. I’m thinking I just need to read it!)
2. The Secrets We Keep by Trisha Leaver (review up 5-2-15)
3. Firelight by Sophie Jordan
4. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
5. The Summer After You and Me by Jennifer Salvato Doktorski (review up 5-4-15)
**I also read a book in high school and I cannot remember the title or the author. It was a YA/Children’s book, published before 2007, about a girl who is haunted by dead twin who drowned. I read it twice and I cannot find it! So, you know the title of that book, let me know!**
Siblings (other than twins):
I only have a brother and he was really annoying for the majority of my life but the past few years we’ve become really close and I would consider him one of my best friends. So to read books about siblings is always a good thing. I just wish there were more books who deal with siblings who care about each other.
1. To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before by Jenny Han
2. Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout
3. My Sister’s Keeper by Jodi Picoult
4. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
5. In Honor by Jessi Kirby
**I’m sure I’m missing a lot more**
So let’s talk!
I know I am most likely missing a lot of books that could be on this list. So tell me, which ones have I forgotten? Which ones did you enjoy the most? Which ones are you looking forward to?