1. Write Fuel: What do you eat/drink while writing?
Oh man, this is definitely CAFFEINE! Preferably coffee. Because I just can’t survive without my coffee!
2. Write Sounds: What do you listen to while writing?
If I’m writing when there is downtime at work, I’m not listening to anything. If I’m writing while in a coffee shop, I’m usually eavesdropping on convos that could potentially make it into a story. Or I have my headphones on and I’m listening to easy alternative. If I’m writing at home, the TV is usually on as background noise.
3. Write Vice: What’s your most debilitating distraction?
Definitely the internet. I mean as much as the internet helps me with my writing it is equally as distracting when it comes to my writing!
4. Write Horror: What’s the worst thing that’s ever happened to you while writing?
When I get to a point in my story and I have no idea where it is going and I give up…
5. Write Joy: What’s the best thing that’s ever happened while writing or how do you celebrate small victories?
Well, I haven’t finished anything yet. But I am planning to. I’m feeling very confident this year because I have an amazing team that I’m working with! I celebrate small victories by doing a happy dance and probably have a glass of wine (as long as I’m not at work! Otherwise, it’s a piece of chocolate!)
6. Write Crew: Who do you communicate with or not communicate with while writing?
I am in a writing group that Dana and I put together for Camp NaNoWriMo! We call ourselves the #RoyalWriters. Dana, Hannah, Kel, Tim, Andrew, Other Hannah, Geraldine, and Ivey! You guys are the best!!
I also brainstorm with a few of my friends IRL who love to read what I write and who want me to finish my projects as much as I do! <3
7. Write Secret: What’s your writing secret to success or hidden flaw?
Stop being a perfectionist! I am such a perfectionist that I worry too much on whether everything is looking good or not. If I stop doing that, I think I can finally finish something! Remember, the first draft doesn’t have to be perfect, it just has to be WRITTEN!
8. Write-spiration: What always makes you productive?
After having a GREAT brainstorming session! Also, I write my best in the middle of the night, but that doesn’t happen very often since I got myself a big girl job. :/
9. Write Peeve: What’s one thing writers do (or you do) that’s annoying?
The fact that I have about 30 WIPs and NONE of them are finished! 🙁
10. Write Words- Share one sentence from a project. Past or present
“Chase,” I choked out, tears spilling from my eyes, “go to hell.”
This is from my current short story. <3