Top Ten Tuesday is a meme created by The Broke and the Bookish. Every Tuesday there is a different bookish top ten list. Join in on the fun!
Top Ten Books I Will Probably Never Read:
1. Anything by John Green: I know most of you will probably be like “WHAT? WHY?!” Well, let me tell you. I once read an article about him and some stuff that he has said and I made an opinion of him then that I just can’t get over. No matter how many thoughtful things people say about him or his books. I just can’t get over some of the things that he has said and I doubt I will ever read any of his books.
2. Anything by James Frey: I’m sorry, but no. This is another one of those instances where because of the authors actions or words, I won’t read any of their work. I’m sorry. But nope. Can’t get over it.
3. Les Miserables by Victor Hugo: I want to read this. I do. But I just don’t know if I can stay committed to it. I mean it is SO DAUNTING! Practically 1500 pages worth of DAUNTING. I just don’t know if I can do it.
4. War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy: This is another one that scares me because of the length. It’s nearly 1400 pages. I know I can read an 800 page book and not give up on it. But it was also in today’s language and action packed. So, I flew through it. War and Peace, not sure I’d be able to fly through that one. If I do give it a shot it would probably take me YEARS to finish.
5. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins: This could potentially change. I love the movies. I love the concept. It’s good. But for some reason, I just couldn’t get past 20% of the first book.
6. House of the Night series by P.C. and Kristin Cast: Yea, I read the first book and I thought it was okay. A few of my friends were obsessed with this series. But I just never got into it. Doubt I ever will. And I LOVE vampires. So, I don’t know.
7. The rest of The Vampire Diaries (after the first set of books): I loved the first set. They weren’t spectacular but they were definitely enjoyable. And I own pretty much ALL of the other books in this series. Yet, I can’t get myself to read them.
8. Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien: I want to. But I just have never picked it up. It just hasn’t called to me, yet. I don’t know.
9. A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin: I want to read this series. I want to watch the TV show of this series. But let’s face it. I’m totally probably only going to watch the show. 1. The books are long. 2. The TV show is going to surpass the books. 3. He takes forever to FINISH BOOKS! I don’t think I could put myself through that. I think I’ll just stick to watching the show on this one.
10. Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell: I saw the movie. And I could NOT STAND SCARLETT! Like, no. Because of that character I WILL NEVER READ THIS BOOK. :/
What’s on your top ten this week?