Jamie over at The Perpetual Page Turner brought the 6th annual End of Year Survey! I wanted to do this last year, but I didn’t really have a great reading year. This year I have done much better! And I hope to do an even better job next year! I encourage you all to participate in this survey, as it is really nice reflecting back over the year! 🙂
2015 Reading Stats
Number of Books You Read: 72
Number of Re-Reads: 0
Genre You Read The Most From: YA Fantasy or YA Paranormal
Best In Books
1. Best Book You Read In 2015?
(If you have to cheat-you can break it down by genre if you want or 2015 release vs. backlist)
Totally cheating and breaking it into genre! 🙂
YA Fantasy: Books from Sarah J. Maas or Victoria Aveyard
YA Paranormal: Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins
YA Sci-Fi: These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman & Meagan Spooner
YA Dystopian: The Book of Ivy by Amy Engel
YA Contemporary: To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before by Jenny Han
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
Great by Sara Benincasa
3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read?
Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers. This surprised me because I DNF’d this one after trying to read it for 6 weeks. I could not get into it and I was SO surprised because SO many people love this book!
4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did)?
All year I have been pushing The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer trilogy. I have yet to read the third book in the trilogy but I keep pushing everyone to read these books!
5. Best series you started in 2015? Best Sequel of 2015? Best Series Ender of 2015?
Best Series I Started: Throne of Glass by SJM
Best Sequel: Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins
Best Series Ender I Read: The Revolution of Ivy by Amy Engel
6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2015?
Susan Dennard & Sarah J. Maas
7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?
I read pretty much all genres but I’ll go with Armada by Ernest Cline because I was SO nervous starting it but I ended up really loving it!
8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?
Heir of Fire kept me hooked until the very last word!
9. Book You Read In 2015 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?
A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas or Something Strange and Deadly by Susan Dennard
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2015?
Compulsion by Martina Boone
11. Most memorable character of 2015?
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2015?
The Secrets We Keep by Trisha Leaver
13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2015?
Heartbeat by Elizabeth Scott
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2015 to finally read?
Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2015?
“The truth is what I make it. I could set this world on fire and call it rain.” RED QUEEN
“She was the heir of ash and fire, and she would bow to no one.” HEIR OF FIRE
16. Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2015?
(How I did this: Went to my read books on Goodreads and sorted by page number and just looked for what I knew I read this year that was the shortest and longest.)
Shortest: How to Unbreakup by Rebekah L. Purdy (172 pages)
Longest: Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas (648 pages)
17. Book That Shocked You The Most
(Because of a plot twist, character death, left you hanging with your mouth wide open, etc.)
RED QUEEN by Victoria Aveyard. Broke me. But I enjoyed it so much!
18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)
(OTP = one true pairing if you aren’t familiar)
AELIN AND ROWAN <3
19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year
Aelin and Dorian
20. Favorite Book You Read in 2015 From An Author You’ve Read Previously
HAHA, there was only ONE book that I found that I’ve read the author previously.
Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins
21. Best Book You Read In 2015That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure
Shadow and Bone
22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2015?
ROWAN <3 from the Throne of Glass series <3
23. Best 2015 debut you read?
Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda
24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?
I guess the Throne of Glass series?
25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?
Sleeping Freshmen Never Lie
26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2015?
The Secrets We Keep
27. Hidden Gem Of The Year?
28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?
The Young Elites
29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2015?
To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before
30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?
City of Ashes. I couldn’t stand when Clary and Jace WEREN’T together because they THOUGHT they were related!
Your Blogging/Bookish Life
1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2015?
3. Best discussion/non-review post you had on your blog?
4. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?
I went to one of Susan Dennard’s signings in August. I even wrote a post about it 🙂 On Meeting Sooz
5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2015?
1. Becoming great friends with Dana @ DanaSquare
2. Finding some amazing Co-Bloggers
6. Most challenging thing about blogging or your reading life this year?
Finding the time to do everything I want to do. Not so easy.
7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?
Views: Truthwitch Giveaway
8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?
Any of the posts that aren’t Top Ten Tuesdays or Waiting on Wednesdays because those get plenty of comments but my reviews don’t get very many comments…
9. Best bookish discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?
10. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?
With Goodreads I originally wanted to read 50 books and then when I surpassed that, I changed it to 75 books and I came SO close to that! I just needed 3 more books and I would have made 75 books read in 2015. New record for me. Pushing myself even more next year with a goal of reading 100 books!
1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2015 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2016?
P.S. I Still Love You by Jenny Han
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2016 (non-debut)?
Truthwitch by Susan Dennard (thank goodness it comes out Jan 5th!)
3. 2016 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?
Bookishly Ever After by Isabel Bandeira
4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2016?
The Winner’s Kiss by Marie Rutkowsi (so that I can binge read the ENTIRE series)
5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2016?
READ ALL THE BOOKS! Hah! But in reality I’d like to achieve the majority of my reading challenges in 2016!
6. A 2016 Release You’ve Already Read & Recommend To Everyone:
Thicker Than Water by Kelly Fiore (my review will be up tomorrow)
Let’s Talk About It!
Did you do this survey? Did we have any books in common? Leave me a link to yours and I will check it out!