So for those of you who are in school, I’m suuuure you’re currently taking your finals or preparing for them in the next few weeks. Personally, this is my finals week! As much as I try each week to make time for “fun reading” in between work and school, we all know that finals, projects, papers, and written exams always seem to sneak up on us.
Because my attention span is easily shifted to the things I love (ex: OHH! Look! An entire series I haven’t read yet, might as well start reading the week of finals and not get anything important done!), I have to force myself to start making a pile and mental list of all the books/shows I can’t let myself watch yet. As torturous as this process is, it’s surprisingly helpful for my productivity levels. But since I still love other distractions, I thought it would be fun to see what books/shows other people can’t wait to get to!
So Sophia and I thought we should both take a break from studying and tell you alllll about our Top 5 Books, Shows, and Movies we can FINALLY get to after this week. Feel free to tell us about the books you can’t wait to read in the comments!
- Caraval by Stephanie Garber (her editor was kind enough to send me a bound MS of this book, it has taken ALL of my will and self control to not pick this up yet)
- Cress by Marissa Meyer
- Winter by Marissa Meyer
- Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
- Re-read of A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J Maas
- The entire season 1 of Jessica Jones (I started this the day it came out, and had to come to a screaming halt on episode 6 -_-)
- Elf, because I have yet to watch any Christmas movies this year!!
- ALL DA vlogmas videos I have sitting pretty in my subscription box on YouTube (this counts as TV right?)
- The entire Firefly series, my boyfriend and I have been putting this off for forever, but I hear it’s so good!
- Have a Harry Potter Movie marathon, I do this about this time of year every year. Something about the holidays that just screams Harry Potter to me!
Because Sophia doesn’t actually have a TV life…
She’s going to cheat and make a Top 0 Movies/TV Shows and Top 10 Books list. (That’s not cheating, is it?) Unfortunately, a great majority are review copies Sophia needs to catch up on (it was totally her choice and interest.)
- Shade Me by Jennifer Brown (Assuming she actually gets her review copy on time.)
- Thief of Lies by Brenda Drake
- This Is Where It Ends by Marieke Nijkamp (She accidentally clicked accept on the Netgalley invite and she was logged in….)
- Brazen by Christina Farley
- Dragon Marked by Jaymen Eve
- Alice Takes Back Wonderland by David D. Hammons
- The Cave by Michela Montgomery
- Kiss Kill Love Him Still by Jamie Blair and Dawn Rae Miller
- The Program by Suzanne Young
- The Butterfly Crest by Eva Vanrell