It seems astronomically strange that we have somehow already made it to March. Summer is nearly here already! Having now made it to the three month mark, I am quite proud of where I am with my bookish and personal resolution progress. This past month has been pretty crazy for me, but I feel like I’m FINALLY able to breathe a little again. I hope your March has been just as lovely and that you are making progress on your yearly goals as well 🙂 So, without further ado, here is my resolution update!
1. Read 100 books, and actually log them all into Goodreads
– This past month I fell into a major book slump. With my birthday, school, and moving my brother back from Texas — things got a little wild! This past week I have finally had some time to read, and I am so happy that I’m out of my book slump!
2. DEMOLISH my long-term TBR pile on my bookshelf
– MAJOR progress/major fail on this one? Because of my birthday and Book Outlet’s convincing emails, I have some how acquired like 20 new books in the past month? I know, I KNOW. Tisk tisk self, but I have decided that I seriously need to read what I have. The only book that I will be buying until I read through every book I already have is Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare. For now I am really enjoying going through my shelves and cleaning stuff up and reading what I already have.
3. Try out manga
– Fail. Seriously considering taking this one off my list, maybe this really isn’t for me? I’m having the hardest time finding interest.
4. Finish the Song of Ice And Fire Series
– Again, fail. But, with my “read what I already have” rule in full swing, I think I will be able to swing this in soon? For some reason Summer feels like the best time to read this series.
5. Read more graphic novels
– No progress on this front either.
6. Re-read the entire Harry Potter Series
– I have put them back into my TBR! And hope to get to book 1 over sping break.
7. Learn how to take better book blog photos
– I think I’m getting better at this! It’s hard to be consistent with this, since I am prone to just taking the cover image as the picture instead of a fancy photo.
8. Do more book talks
-Yes and no. Refer to book slump.
9. Up my NaNoWriMo game
– Progress on this! I have been outlining like nobodies business lately. In love with my WIP.
10. Find my blogging “voice”
– I think I’m getting better with this? It’s more of a confidence struggle than anything, give me some time!
So, what do you think?
Tell me your thoughts my darlings!! Are you keeping up with your resolutions? What do you think of my progress/fails? Let me know down in the comments, or find me on Twitter @nerddelizzie