Top Ten Tuesday is a meme created by The Broke and the Bookish. Every Tuesday there is a different bookish top ten list. Join in on the fun!
Ten Seven Books I Loved Less Than I Thought I Would (all time)
**Book Covers are linked to the Goodreads pages and the written out titles are linked to the review from In Wonderland**
Basically I’ll be showcasing the books I was disappointed with.
1. Captive Prince – Goodreads Avg Rating: 4.01 | My Rating: DNF | My Review
This one just didn’t click with me. I was hearing almost everyone raving about it. But the entire time I was just confused and it just wasn’t clicking that I ended up DNFing it.
2. Queen of Hearts – Goodreads Avg Rating: 3.63 | My Rating: 3 | My Review
This one I didn’t hate, but I didn’t love it like I thought I would. My review said “It has potential”
3. Wither – Goodreads Avg Rating: 3.82 | My Rating: 3 | My Review
This one I liked but I was expecting to love it. I had been dying to read it and so many people that I knew who read it and loved it and I just didn’t connect with it like I had hoped I would.
4. The Square Root of Summer – Goodreads Avg Rating: 3.48 | My Rating: 2 | My Review
This one sounded like it had so much promise. I loved the idea of it, but I just didn’t think it was executed properly. I was just ultimately lost.
5. Wink Poppy Midnight – Goodreads Avg Rating: 3.36 | My Rating: 3 | My Review
I loved her debut book, Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea, but this one… this one just irritated me. I’m still confused by it. Like I could have not read this and my life would have been the same as reading it…
6. Empire of Storms – Goodreads Avg Rating: 4.6 | My Rating: 2 | My Review (didn’t even bother reviewing it…)
This one I have so much to vent about… Number 1, didn’t I read this story prior to this one coming out? Yes, I did and it was called A Court of Mist and Fury and it was amazing. But the same plot for her other series that came out in the SAME year? It didn’t work! I hated it. My favorite part about this book was the damn cover. Number 2. This one should NOT be labeled “YA” because it was almost as steamy/erotic as ACOMAF but at least ACOMAF is labeled for 17 and older as to where EoS is labeled for 14+. I’m sorry, but I would NOT let my 14 year old read that… UGH.
7. Of Fire & Stars – Goodreads Avg Rating: 3.68 | My Rating: Try Again | My Blog Tour Post
When I tried reading this for a blog tour back in November, I personally didn’t click with it. But I think the main reason was because it was a bad timing issue with me. I don’t think I was even able to finish it. But in November I was focusing solely on NaNoWriMo and the books I did read were all fluffy contemps. So I want to try this one again.